Student participation in extra-curricular activities takes equal importance alongside academic performance at Jumeirah College. Through participation in these events students enrich their school days.
In addition to physical development and the exploration of interests, students learn the thrill of challenge and competition, the importance of concentration, the spirit of teamwork and a sense of accomplishment.
Jumeirah College provides a rich extra-curricular programme that supports student’s all-round development, providing opportunities for students to develop talents and explore new interests. Activities include a wide range of both individual pursuits and team building activities for all students to choose from.
Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award encourages young people to learn new skills, get physically active, volunteer within their communities and discover a sense of adventure outside the classroom. It offers young people opportunities that help them unlock their potential and be ready for their world, whatever that world may be.
Using the Award framework and with the support of adult volunteers, young people develop their own bespoke programme, as they work towards achieving the internationally recognised Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards.
Participants complete Skills, Physical Recreation, Voluntary Service and Adventurous Journey sections in order to complete the Award. Gold participants must, in addition, complete a Residential section.
At Jumeirah College, the International Award is fully embedded in school life, students are encouraged to begin Bronze in Year 10, Silver in Year 11 and Gold in sixth form. We are one of the biggest providers in the UAE, with roughly 250 participants currently on role and 10 adults fully trained to support them.
The Award Coordinators for 2021/22 are Miss C. Clancy (Silver/Gold) and Miss D. Irwin (Bronze). For any more information about the award please contact them or visit the official website below: https://intaward.org/
Sport ECA Details
You can take part in these sessions by any of the following methods:
- Speak to the lead coach directly to sign up
- Simply go along to the first training session
Please note the following:
- All Breakfast clubs start at 6:30am - 7:15am.
- All lunchtime clubs start at 12:00pm - 12:30pm (unless continued into flexi-time at coach’s discretion).
- Generally after school clubs start at 15:10pm - 16:30pm. However it is best to check the time stipulated as this timing may differ.
- The days and times stated are for training/practices only. Fixtures may be on another day.
- This timetable may change before or during the term, amendments will be communicated via the JC Daily.
- An up to date list can be found on the Sports ECA noticeboard
We also have a multitude of non-sport ECAs listed in the ECA booklet.