Working towards the UAE's vision
In 2014, H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, launched the UAE National Agenda as an extension to achieve the UAE Vision 2021. The United Arab Emirates Vision 2021 has education as its foundation, both explicitly and implicitly. Vision 2021 includes aspirations for citizenship, a spirit of entrepreneurship, enhanced educational attainment, and a knowledge-based economy driven by innovation, research, science and technology. The realisation of these aspirations requires a world-class education system, responsive to national needs and aligned to international standards.
At Jumeirah College we are working towards these objectives, taking actions to make sure our school remains one of the highest performing educational institutions in the UAE. Allowing our students the opportunities to achieve beyond limits in line with those students in the best educational systems in the world.
What are our Targets?
- Core Education: To ensure our students are among the best in the world in reading, mathematics and science exams, and to have a strong knowledge of the Arabic language
- Completion of high school education: To ensure that 90% of Emirati students complete their high school education
- High level skills in Arabic language: To ensure that 90% of grade 9 students develop high level skills in Arabic language in the UAE NAP assessment
- Highly-effective school leadership: To ensure that 100% of public schools have highly-effective school leadership
- High-quality teaching: To ensure that 100% of schools have high-quality teachers
- University foundation programme: To ensure that no students need to join the university foundation programme
NB: The Jumeirah College National Agenda 2021 graphic was initially designed by a Y7 student, Viggo Mulcahy.